Earlier this week Kotaku announced via their social media outlets that they were currently looking for a new Offended Editor on their website. The previous OR had to leave due to “emotional fatigue” according to Stephen Totilo, and Kotaku hopes to quickly fill the position ahead of the countless stories that will come out of E3 next week, many of which will meet their requirements for being offended.
Kotaku is well known for having a fully dedicated staff of well-known and passionate editors who want to change the world of gaming for women and minorities, even if they didn’t ask for it. Here are the qualities they are looking for in potential applicants:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or a gaming blog
- Commitment to make all events, issues, and topics sociopolitical in some manner
- Seek out offensive content
- Knows how to create clickbait titles
- Easily triggered
- Explode over small things and take them out of context
- Judge others for not being as offended as him/herself
- Unwillingness to take a joke
- Flexible ethics
If you wish to apply, you can contact Features Editor Kirk Hamilton at email@example.com using the subject line “Offended”.